The man, 40, fell when the platform, used to manage sound and lighting, collapsed at the Khalifa International Stadium on Thursday, its construction firm contractor said. His safety harness was cut during the fall, Midmac-Six Construct said. Labour said the Qatari authorities and Fifa had been putting "profit before safety", and urged Fifa to investigate. The man was employed by a South African subcontractor, which was working for a German firm. The organisers, the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy, said his next of kin had been informed. The Foreign Office said it was in touch with the local authorities and ready to support the man's family "at this very difficult time".