In 2001, I registered the domain www.yourethemannowdog.com after seeing Sean Connery perform his famous line "You're the man now dog!" in a digital trailer for Finding Forrester. I didn't know what to do with it, and for the first few months it hosted nothing but some ascii text in the form of a landing page. Shortly after that I arrived at the format it has remained in to this day.
Ten years ago today, on April 1st, 2004, I registered the domain ytmnd.com. It was intended to be a quick little website that would host small sites that were in the same format as www.yourethemannowdog.com. These sites had been popping up rapidly at that time and just as rapidly disappearing due to lack of hosting. Now we're nearing almost one million YTMNDs made, and almost a third of my life working on and "maintaining" a site that was started as a joke.
With development under way, it's time to figure out what needs to be done around here. Make a YTMND displaying what features you'd most like or bugs you think need attention. Also, the wiki and bug tracker are back online. Creators of the three highest rated sites will have the choice between free YTMND shirts/stickers or a retired YTMND server (while supplies last). New sites only please!
- ?CanadianMedicines.Net - Webstore
- ?Birthday for Brandon
- ?CNN blocks the truth about enemies in Mosul
- ?(nsfw) Donald Trump finds a sleeping hobo in th...
- ?ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...
- ?The Dukes Of Hazzard
- ?2004TMND: KHANTMND: Walker: Texas KH...
- ?Pentagon delivers plan to speed up fight against I...
- ?The Beatles Don't Have Cowbell This Ti...
ALL TIME YTMND HITS
top viewed today
top rated this week
- ?TCBCRTMND: Tighten up the TCBCR!
- ?R.I.P. Bill Paxton
- ?If I Move My Head Fast Enough™
- ?(nsfw) Moon Man's incredibly low discou...
- ?Chad Warden and Nintendo 64 Kid battle for B...
- ?gr33nscr33n threatens to cause power outages ...
- ?The Death of YTMND
- ?(nsfw) Cosby Rape-Bop
- ?Steak Hows reacts to YTMND's death!
- ?A site to appeal to FatHistorian