In 2001, I registered the domain www.yourethemannowdog.com after seeing Sean Connery perform his famous line "You're the man now dog!" in a digital trailer for Finding Forrester. I didn't know what to do with it, and for the first few months it hosted nothing but some ascii text in the form of a landing page. Shortly after that I arrived at the format it has remained in to this day.
Ten years ago today, on April 1st, 2004, I registered the domain ytmnd.com. It was intended to be a quick little website that would host small sites that were in the same format as www.yourethemannowdog.com. These sites had been popping up rapidly at that time and just as rapidly disappearing due to lack of hosting. Now we're nearing almost one million YTMNDs made, and almost a third of my life working on and "maintaining" a site that was started as a joke.
With development under way, it's time to figure out what needs to be done around here. Make a YTMND displaying what features you'd most like or bugs you think need attention. Also, the wiki and bug tracker are back online. Creators of the three highest rated sites will have the choice between free YTMND shirts/stickers or a retired YTMND server (while supplies last). New sites only please!
- ?(nsfw) Another roadside bomb found in Mosul
- ?Messages I receive on the Internet don't c...
- ?Bojack Horsedick
- ?NEDM celebrates 100 sites for BatChannel!
- ?Vitaly Churkin, Russia’s U.N. Ambassad...
- ?Balls in space (even better)
- ?phoronix phoronix phoronix phoronix phoronix ph...
- ?EA Sports
- ?pichu has to admit this place trips them out rather...
- ?(nsfw) Marv sponsors a site
ALL TIME YTMND HITS
top viewed today
top rated this week
- ?RIP YTMND
- ?will NEDM save YTMND?
- ?Nanoha & Pilleater vs. the GLOCKE5
- ?Homestar Runner on Floppy Trash Dove
- ?AkiraGT just bought more elephant feces
- ?Strong Bad on Floppy Trash Dove
- ?Bird is the Word
- ?Gary and Squidward sponsor more sites with ev...
- ?The Unfunny Truth About YTMND
- ?Carry On A Wayward Son