In 2001, I registered the domain www.yourethemannowdog.com after seeing Sean Connery perform his famous line "You're the man now dog!" in a digital trailer for Finding Forrester. I didn't know what to do with it, and for the first few months it hosted nothing but some ascii text in the form of a landing page. Shortly after that I arrived at the format it has remained in to this day.
Ten years ago today, on April 1st, 2004, I registered the domain ytmnd.com. It was intended to be a quick little website that would host small sites that were in the same format as www.yourethemannowdog.com. These sites had been popping up rapidly at that time and just as rapidly disappearing due to lack of hosting. Now we're nearing almost one million YTMNDs made, and almost a third of my life working on and "maintaining" a site that was started as a joke.
UP AND COMING
- ?(Sega Genesis) Life Eternal: Act I
- ?YTMND Today,April 16, 2006
- ?Life Returns to Normal in China 2
- ?What Is Rimmer?
- ?Nerp: Vol. IIV
- ?INTREPIDTMND: DarthWang feeds...
- ?Pichu the faerie dragonet opens a du...
- ?Welcome back, woman!
- ?(nsfw) pilleater is in shock while Sant...
- ?(nsfw) MOON MAN EDITS HIS WI...
With development under way, it's time to figure out what needs to be done around here. Make a YTMND displaying what features you'd most like or bugs you think need attention. Also, the wiki and bug tracker are back online. Creators of the three highest rated sites will have the choice between free YTMND shirts/stickers or a retired YTMND server (while supplies last). New sites only please!
- No sponsorships this week :(
ALL TIME YTMND HITS
top viewed today
- ?The Original Hampster Dance
- ?HTTP 404 MAN NOT FOUND (DOG)
- ?Blue Ball Machine (fixed)
- ?Mom's Spaghetti
- ?(nsfw) Epic Nigga Flip Maneuver
- ?New Talent on 60 Minutes
- ?Moon Man aka. Notorious KKK - Hypnotize (fea...
- ?You're the man now dog!
- ?Sakurai discusses the balance patch for Smash ...