Information Collection and How it is used
- YTMND collects personal information when you register with YTMND to use YTMND services or to post content.
- When you register we ask for your email address and certain optional information such as your name, birth date, birth place, gender, biographical information, ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN user name, and personal interests.
- Depending on your level of desired service, we may ask for your billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- YTMND automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
- YTMND uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view
a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when
you register with YTMND, as well as each time you log in and each time you upload digital content.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting YTMND from specific geographical regions.
- To make sure that people are not voting for themselves or friends during contests or promotions.
- To ban you and everyone on your ISP for being a twerp.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use YTMND products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of the YTMND service.
- YTMND uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
o Access your information when you "sign in".
o Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using YTMND's services.
o Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on YTMND.
o Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
o Conduct research to improve YTMND's content and services.
- YTMND lets other companies (such as Google) [that show advertisements on some of our pages] set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to YTMND's cookies.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When you post a message, your YTMND ID or alias that you are posting under is visible to other users unless otherwise specified.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.YTMND does not rent or sell your personal information.
- Generally, YTMND does not share personal information about you with other people or unaffiliated companies without your consent except to provide products or services you've requested.
- YTMND may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas, warrants, court and other data will be stored and processed in Canada and the United States and this information may be subject to the laws of these jurisdictions.
- In some cases YTMND may act as a contact liaison between users and third parties. An example of this would be when a third party would like permission to reproduce the work of a YTMND user. In cases such as these a YTMND representative may contact the user to request permission in order to forward proper contact information on.
Editing and Deleting Account Information. Security.
- You can change your YTMND Account Information at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the YTMND service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your YTMND account.
- You can delete your YTMND account at any time from your account page; however, please note that your IP, identification, billing and contact information may remain in YTMND's records for some period.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your YTMND Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, YTMND uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- All passwords are hashed using a salted algorithm for protection.